Amendments to the Trade Marks Act and the Trade Mark Rules 2008: Trade Marks Regulation 2018 (SI 2018/825), implementing the Trade Marks Directive (EU) 2015/2436, came into force on 14 January 2019.
KZ on Level 2. This section has Halsbury's Laws of England , Halsbury's Statutes & SI, The Digest and the Current Law Statutes and Yearbook Services. Combined these would give an quick route to the leading primary sources and an excellent overview of the English law. if you don't have an Oxford SSO to use LexisLibrary or Westlaw, KZ is the ideal "quick start" section.
Intellectual property monographs can be found in a number of different areas of the Bodleian Law Library.
As it is a taught topic look out for the location Reserve Collection. (See the second example below) Ask for these books from staff at the Enquiry Desk.
But the majority of the collection are on open shelf as below:
- English IP law: Floor 2, shelf marks KN111 to KN118
- International IP: Floor 3, shelf marks beginning Internat
- European Union law: Floor 3 shelf marks beginning Euro Comm
- Multi-jurisdictional/comparative studies: Floor 2, shelf marks General.
- Foreign jurisdictions: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, and USA monographs are shelved in the KN111 to KNI18 with cutters A8, C1, I5, N4, and U4 respectively on the third line of the shelf mark.
- Foreign jurisdictions: individual European countries are on Level 3.
- Foreign jurisdictions: remaining nations on Level 1.