Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How the process works
- The depositor (the author) gives details about the thesis using an online form (available anywhere with Internet access)
- The digital file is uploaded – like adding an email attachment
- The depositor submits the details and the file(s) which then go to a holding area to be checked by a member of ORA staff. This member of staff will amend any errors and add additional details if necessary. At this point they may need to contact the depositor for clarification.
- The item will then be added to the main archive, either open or closed access depending on rights and permissions.
To deposit your thesis
- Go to http://ora.ox.ac.uk
- Click on ‘Deposit’ then ‘Oxford Research Student - Thesis’
- Enter your WebAuth username and password when prompted
- You can resume or edit a previous partially complete submission at a later stage provided you have saved it and it is still in your work area and you haven’t clicked the final "Finish editing record" button
- Read the deposit agreement, available in link from page 6 of the deposit form. You will agree to the deposit agreement when you upload files.
- Describe your thesis (title, subject, keywords etc)
- Author and supervisor details
- Degree name and LTS date
- Funding information
- License and Rights information
- Upload the file(s). Select embargo period
- Add information on any related publications and submit the item
Your submission will be checked before being forwarded to the main archive.
* Mandatory fields are marked required
- You may save your deposit at any stage and return to it later (see the ‘save’ button at the bottom of each page). You may save the partially completed deposit at any time before submitting the item.
- Please note if you choose to save a partially completed deposit that you should close your browser at this point in order to log out completely
- ORA staff may add/edit data after form data has been submitted
Oxford Research Archive
Oxford University Research Archive (ORA) is an institutional repository for the University of Oxford and is home to the scholarly output of its research members. It holds publications, theses and research data.
Contact us at: email@example.com
NOTICE: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic ORA services are remote working with limited access. Please use the contact us form or email firstname.lastname@example.org directly. Phones are currently unmanned with voicemails being accessed intermittently.