Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Your subject librarian: supporting your research
Your subject librarian can provide valuable support for your research in particular assisting with research-level enquiries, literature reviews, current awareness, use of specialist materials (including electronic resources), open access publishing and the REF, research data management, copyright/Intellectual Property issues, running information skills classes as well as one-to-one consultations, and reference management.
Getting published, Open Access and ORCID
- Choosing a publisher, copyright and licence agreements, and peer review
- Open Access requirements for the REF and for funders
- ORCID IDs and identifying your work
- Measuring research impact
Research Data Management: organising, protecting and preserving your data
Guidance on managing your research data effectively so that you can:
- create, collect and use data effectively
- ensure your data is safely backed up and preserved for the future
- make sure your data is available to others (which in some cases may be required by your funder)
- be aware of publisher expectations and policy
Depositing your thesis in the Oxford Research Archive (ORA) (for research students)
Depositing your thesis in the Oxford Research Archive
Students following D.Phil., M.Litt. and M.Sc.(by research) programmes are required to deposit a hardcopy of their thesis in the Bodleian Libraries and a digital copy in the Oxford Research Archive (ORA). Follow the link above for guidance on how to prepare yout thesis for upload to ORA.
Workshops for researchers
Workshops and Classes for researchers
The Bodleian Libraries run regular workshops on Open Access, Research Data Management, Measuring Research Impact, literature searching and keeping up to date.
3D printing & scanning and virtual reality for education & research
Other specialist materials (legal, official and government papers, data library, films and patents)