Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Research Skills Toolkit
Need to brush up on your IT and information skills for research? Why not come to a Research Skills Toolkit? These free 2-hour workshops introduce key software and online tools for your research, hone your searching and information skills and introduce you to subject specialists. Our next series will be running in Hilary Term 2020. Topics on offer include:
- Finding articles, papers, conferences and theses
- Keeping up to date and current awareness
- Using Endnote to manage your references
- Manipulating images using Gimp
- Managing your thesis with MS Word
- Analyzising data with Excel pivot tables
- Podcasting with Audacity
- Plagiarism and how to avoid it
- Preparing your thesis for the Oxford Research Archive (ORA)
- Finding highly cited journals and measuring research impact
Each toolkit is subject-specific to one of the following. Please click on each subject for further details
Toolkits take place at IT Services, 13 Banbury Road and are run jointly by IT Services and Bodleian Libraries. Booking will be available from this page when we have scheduled the dates and times for the 2019 sessions.