Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Details and booking
Bodleian iSkills: Newspapers and other online news sources from the 17th-21st centuries
Newspapers are a valuable resource for researching, not only news but also many other aspects of society. In this session we will introduce key historical and contemporary sources of news and how to make best use of them.
Subjects to be covered include:
- The value of newspapers in research
- The difficulties of using newspapers in research and effective search techniques
- Using a range of sources for searching and reading historical newspapers
- Using a range of sources for searching and using historical audio-visual news sources
- Using a range of sources for searching and reading contemporary newspapers
Intended Audience: Students, researchers, and anyone else interested in the subject
Dates and booking
|Next session TBA
||Radcliffe Science Library, IT Training Room
||> Booking now closed
Presenters: Angela Carritt and Isabel Holowaty
Format: Presentation with practical exercises
What you will need? A computer will be provided. If you prefer to bring your own laptop, please read our guidance notes.