Official Papers libguides
- African Studies
- Commonwealth Studies
- Criminal and Judicial Statistics: 1800 to present day
- EDC: European Documentation Centre
- International Intergovernmental Organisations
- League of Nations
- Official Papers : A guide to the collections
- Official Papers for Criminology & Socio-Legal Studies
- Official Papers for Education
- Official Papers for Refugee Studies
- Official Papers for Social Care and Social Policy
- Parliamentary Papers, Proceedings and Departmental Papers : UK
- United Nations
UK Parliament and Government collections
The Official Papers collection held by the Bodleian Library is an incredible primary resource for researchers from all disciplines. The Official Papers collection dates from the 16th century to present day .The Bodleian Library is the only place in the country where the Bound Set of parliamentary papers from 1801 to the present day is on open shel
Collections from the UK Parliament, government and devolved assemblies are a rich and detailed source of information for the historian covering all aspects of the historical record. Topics include: slavery, child labour, health of the nation, foreign policy, economic policy and law.
For the contemporary researcher the papers are a window to UK society today, how it functions, for example, in terms of economics, law, health, politics, science, medical and foreign policy. The researcher can see how evidence is collected and policy and legislation developed.
The extenstive print collection is situated on the ground floor at the Bodleian Law Library on open shelf.
Parliamentary papers have not been systematically catalogued by libraries. Do not rely on library catalogues to find material.
Do not hestitate to get in contact with Official Papers staff with any queries.
Official Papers Librarian
Telephone: +44 (0) 1865 271472
Official Papers Section
Bodleian Law Library,
St. Cross Building,
Oxford. OX1 3UR