Table of contents
Official Papers guides
- African Studies
- Commonwealth Studies
- Criminal and Judicial Statistics: 1800 to present day
- EDC: European Documentation Centre
- League of Nations
- Official Papers : A guide to the collections
- Official Papers for Criminology & Socio-Legal Studies
- Official Papers for Education
- Official Papers for Refugee Studies
- Official Papers for Social Care and Social Policy
- Parliamentary Papers, Proceedings and Departmental Papers : UK
- United Nations
This guide relates to statistics from official government sources only.
Many official statistics were published as parliamentary papers. In recent years they have been published by the government departments themselves. It can be quite hard to establish who is responsible for publishing different sets of statistics. This is especially true when there has been a change in the machinery of government, the department changes name and also responsibilities. This guide aims to give easy access to historical and current statistics.
The Bodleian Law Library has extensive UK legal deposit and foreign collections covering all aspects of law and includes historical and expansive works on crime, criminal justice and penal systems. The Social Science Library holds the main teaching collections for Criminology.
The Official Papers collection as well has holding departmental papers has a full set of Parliamentary Papers from 1801 to the present day. We are also, notably, a depository library for the United Nations.
Telephone: +44 (0) 1865 271462
Fax: +44 (0) 1865 271475
Official Papers Section
Bodleian Law Library,
St. Cross Building,
Oxford. OX1 3UR
24 November 2011