Legal resources for European jurisdictions
Floor 3 is where you will find legal materials from, and commentary about, the laws/legal systems of, the (continental) European states. The countries are arranged in an alphabetical sequence - by their English names.
The constituent nations of the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland, are shelved on the Floor 2. (The Wing of this floor also has the collection of journals and books with a comparative/multi-jurisdictional focus.)
The holdings of each country are shelved in an order following the same basic pattern:
- legislation/codes are shelved first
- then collections of court reports
- then journals, usually alphabetical by their title
- then legal dictitionaries
- finally commentary in form of monographs and textbooks.
Naturally there is considerable variation in the strength of holdings! This guide is designed to point you to the electronic resources which may be able to supplement what we have.
If you are (also) interested in the law of the European Union (which is shelved on Floor 1), we have a special guide- please use link below.
- Last Updated Sep 23, 2013
2,856 views this year