Edgar Marcel Wind
Edgar Wind's library collections
An assiduous bibliophile, Edgar Wind built two library collections whilst in Oxford.
History of Art departmental library
The first library collection was assembled for the University’s newly-established (in 1955) Department of the History of Art on Beaumont Street, Oxford. A shelf-list of books acquired during Wind's tenure as Professor of the History of Art at Oxford was complied (see box below).
Personal library collection
The second library Wind created was his personal collection.
Wind Room, Sackler Library, Bodleian Libraries
The Sackler Library's Wind Room houses, primarily, pre-1900 publications from the above two library collections as well as some more recently acquired titles. Items housed in the Wind Room are available for consultation and may be requested at the Ground Floor Help Desk.